- Fire Department
We Are Hiring!
Jeffersontown Fire Department has once again opened our hiring process for Firefighter/EMT and Firefighter/Paramedics. See the minimum qualifications below and benefits.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- KY Certified Firefighter (IFSAC or 400 Certification)
- Valid driver’s license
- Liability Insurance, current
- Satisfactory criminal and employment background check
- Current (CPAT) Candidate Physical Ability Test Card or Lateral Transfer
- Successful completion of a Jeffersontown Fire Department provided physical examination
- Kentucky certified Emergency Medical Technician (proof of EMT required at time of interview)
Note: The Jeffersontown Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer.
- Probation Salary $34,058.86 (First year)
- Salary $36,825.12 /yearly (after year probation period)
- Paramedic Incentive $3,500/year
- Average hours work 52/week (all hours above 40/week compensated @ 1 ½ x)
- Employer paid health and dental insurance(Family)
- Employer paid life insurance
- Participation in KY Fire Commission educational incentive program ($4,000/year/individual)
- Paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Paid holidays and personal time policy
- Uniform/clothing maintenance allowance
Download your Application here or can pick up at 10530 Watterson Trail, Jeffersontown, KY 40299. If you are unable to download or pick up, please email Leah Burton of the Jeffersontown FIre Department.