- Fire Department
We Are Hiring!
Jeffersontown Fire Department has once again opened our hiring process for Firefighter/EMT and Firefighter/Paramedics. See the minimum qualifications below and benefits.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- 150 Volunteer certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Liability Insurance, current
- Satisfactory criminal and employment background check
- Current (CPAT) Candidate Physical Ability Test Card or Lateral Transfer
- Successful completion of a Jeffersontown Fire Department provided physical examination
- Kentucky certified Emergency Medical Technician (proof of EMT required at time of interview)
Note: The Jeffersontown Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer.
- Probation Salary $38,816.16
- Salary $42,392.22 / yearly (after year probation period)
- Paramedic Incentive $4,000 / year
- Work Schedule 24 hours on and 48 Hours off (all hours above 40 / week compensated at time and a half).
- Employer paid health and dental insurance(Family)
- Employer paid life insurance for member and spouse $25,000
- Participation in KY Fire Commission educational incentive program ($4,000/year/individual)
- Paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Paid holidays and personal time policy
- Uniform/clothing maintenance allowance $600.00 yearly
- Employee College tuition reimbursement for approved courses.
If you are unable to download or pick up, please email the Administrative Assistant of the Jeffersontown Fire Department.